Monday, December 17, 2018

MonBuilder (Game) 
I decided to try relocating all the MonBuilder project progress and info in one active place. Going to try Tumblr this time.
Here you’ll find existing and updated information along with new imagery and collections of inspirational/reference pics. 
Post Types
Rules, Rule Updates
Character - Hero/Monster/NPC/Beast
Art New, Art Collections
Concept
 WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY?If you choose to play on a table you’ll need a few d10, paper, pencil, a Square-Type grid map of some kind and a player designated as Game Master (GM). You’ll also need access to these rules and a copy of characters stats. 
Digital formats have been expanding lately and will probably make for a better venue than a coffee table. Information on those options will be collected here later. Games require at least two players and ought not exceed 5.
WHERE ARE THE RULES?
This is still a work in progress. Rules will be collected here but eventually a comprehensive ‘book’ will be produced. I intend to have at least one actual physical book printed but this is a non-profit project and will be released as a free pdf when it is completed. 
Monetary contributions may be accepted at some point for book printing, but until further notice the only contributions or donations i need are creative questions and play testing.
There is no set time frame for the final product.
—– —–
Years ago I decided to write an ero-video game that I would want to play. A sort of tentacle monster strategy RPG as it were. In the process of crunching all the numbers I realized that the system and mechanics would translate equally well or better into a paper-n-dice system. So I started posting bits and bobs on FA. Had a couple folks come up who wanted to play test it for me, made some more progress, then that was it.
Now naturally the only people who are going to be interested in this project are going to be RPG fans, Hentai fans, Monster movie fans and Smutties like me. But I know there are a whole lot of us out there so away we go.
WHAT IS MONSTER BUILDER?It is a paper and dice rpg system that allows the players to create characters and creatures based on the naughty monster genre. It uses a system similar to BESM where each stat or ability has meaningful game effect but is not specific to any one thing like DnD. For example if a character can fly, it doesn’t matter how they accomplish it or how they choose to explain or describe it, just how far and how fast.
Players can choose to build heroes, monsters, villains, beasts, kingdoms, lairs, dungeons, whatever they wish and customize them accordingly. The system keeps character strengths and development in balance for those of us who want some real gaming with our goo. Included are details, examples and suggestions for Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Modern settings. In its previous form it was able to accommodate all but the MOST amorphously alien lovecraftian super monsters effectively. 
In the end it is an ero-combat/adventure game that is for creative people that should work simply and flexibly. I am someone who loves using game systems to support character creation and my writing skills, so that’s the kind of person i’m making this game for. 

No comments: